The IPV®-1C is designed specifically for
non-continuous institutional/hospital use.
The IPV®-1C is a high-frequency, flow-regulated,
time-cycled ventilator that provides TRUE-IPV®
therapy, a modality of mechanical ventilation,
“Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation” (IPV®).
The IPV®-1C provides high-frequency percussive pulses between 100-300 pulses per minute. These high-frequency percussive pulses ramify throughout the airways and alveolar ducts to augment diffusive ventilation in the gas exchange regions of the lung. This allows improved FRC, CO2 removal, airway clearance, and lung recruitment. IPV®-1C can also be used in-line with conventional mechanical ventilators, delivering TRUE-IPV® therapy and alleviating the need to switch between different devices.
Patients who may benefit include those with the following conditions:
- Premature Lungs
Pulmonary complications of:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Restores FRC
- Reduces time in the ICU
- Improves Oxygenation and reduces PaCO2
- Provides better management of COPD exacerbations
- Reduces nosocomial infection
- Improves airway clearance
- Lung recruitment by treating atelectasis
- Pneumatically powered by hospital air or O2
- Compatible with most conventional ventilators