The Software Engineer will be responsible to design, document, and test software specific to Percussionaire Corporation’s medical devices. The Software Engineer will work to achieve goals in accordance with industry standards. The Software Engineer will incorporate customer feedback and innovation in the developing of new software. Other duties as requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions of the Position: (Engineer may not be responsible for every function. Each specialist will be provided with a job description highlighting their specific responsibilities.)
- Assist and provide design input for devices, tools, components, etc.
- Collaborate with Research and Development of new machine learning algorithms.
- Produces specifications for products and assists in selecting raw materials and components to be used in production.
- Assists in developing control systems and monitoring production.
- Closely work with Engineering Manager in development of new software for device use.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Compile comprehensive and accurate documentation and technical specifications.
- Risk Analysis, Managing Risks, and Issues that arise from identified risks.
- Communicates with service department and management to establish maintenance procedures for software systems.
- Performs software systems testing with a focus on procedures and programming.
- Develop or revise procedures, work instructions, and other documents as required following engineering qualifications.
- Assist in performing corrective action and preventative action evaluations, testing, and revisions.
- Learn products and processes to appropriately support the customers and business.
- Utilize IT tools for efficient execution of duties (IQMS).
- Utilization of IT tools provided to ensure work is organized to prevent errors and omissions.
- Knowledge of Quality Management System.
- Working knowledge of standards and regulations as outlined in the QMS documentation and structure.
- Understanding that device defects may occur from improper performance of specific job function.
- Professional written and oral communications.
- Ethics aligned with the company’s mission.
- Abide by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of Percussionaire® Corporation processes, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Engineering Manager or its designated representative.
- Follow existing procedures for process control and ensuring quality of product.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years software development experience.
- Proficient computer skills with documentation related databases and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Experience in software testing methodologies.
- Experience with Linux.
- C and C +++ experience.
- Android experience.
- GUI interface experience.
- Ability to develop creative solutions, simple design, and elegant code.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design (CAD) software.
- Ability to prioritize issues and work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to recognize problems, recommend solutions and implement results.
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of detail orientation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to handle multiple tasks, and to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues to peers and supervisor.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, record keeping.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on good writing, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Personal accountability.
Special Work Conditions
This position requires 5 or more hours per day sitting and talking/listening, 0-2 hours per day standing, walking, reaching, and bending. Lifting 25 pounds 0-2 hours per day. Moderate office noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. This job description supersedes any previous versions.
Apply Online Today
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and join the Percussionaire team.