This position is responsible for the efficient and timely production of the company’s product in accordance with established procedures, quality standards, and customer specifications. Responsible for production personnel, production capacity and providing a positive atmosphere conducive to continuous improvement for quality and efficiency.
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- FLSA: Exempt
- Last Updated: March 2022
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Functions of the Positions
- Ensure efficient and effective training on internal and external customer requirements.
- Learn products and processes to appropriately support the customers and business.
- Utilize IT tools for efficient execution of duties (IQMS).
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS).
- Working knowledge of standards and regulations as outlined in the QMS documentation and structure.
- Receive feedback from customers for individual and company improvement.
- Professional written and oral communications.
- Ethics aligned with the company’s mission.
- Set goals for team or personnel reporting as per the organizational structure.
- Utilization of IT tools provided to ensure work is organized to prevent errors and omissions.
- Adherence to the company policies and employee handbook.
- Adaptability to communicate with various clients with diverse cultures and personalities.
- Develop, implement, and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material, and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts, and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Work with Inventory Manager to establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Identify, develop, and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining, inventory, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Participates in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Inventory, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Maintains and provides current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
- Identifies tools, processes, and metrics to optimize supplier value.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining, and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Regular attendance
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the CEO or its designated representative.
- Responsible for staffing, supervision, and performance management of department employees to include disciplinary action. Disciplinary action to be reviewed by Human Resources.
- Monitors and approves direct reports timecards.
- Participate in staff management training and effectively manage employees in compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Interview, hire, and train new department employees.
- Conduct timely performance reviews, establish clear goals, and support learning opportunities for job skills and career growth. Performance reviews to be reviewed by Human Resources.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years progressive experience in management of purchasing and sourcing materials within a design and manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in lean manufacturing, total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Supervisory experience.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Good analytical problem-solving ability.
- Ability to contribute to a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, management or other related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of tools, processes, and metrics with the ability to drive and optimize supplier value.
- Flexible in responding to procedural changes and department/ company needs and issues.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve problems by gathering necessary information to make an effective resolution for the benefit of the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with employees, other departments, and suppliers.
- Personal accountability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy.
- Deadline oriented.
- Good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate people to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Leads by example.
Special Work Conditions
This position requires 5+ hours per day standing, sitting, walking, talking and listening. Lifting to 10 lbs. 0-2 hours per day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Online Today
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and join the Percussionaire team.