Custodian Maintenance Technician
The Custodian Maintenance Technician is responsible for general custodial work in the facility. The employee will have mechanical aptitude to assist with building maintenance and perform some preventative maintenance on various machinery. The ability to assess, identify, and report issues efficiently is a must. This employee must be able to communicate with a wide variety of customers via, phone, email and in person. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Department: Administration
- Reports to: Human Resources
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Last Updated: Oct. 2021
Principal Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of standards and regulations as outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS) documentation and structure.
- Understanding that device defects may occur from improper performance of specific job function.
- Ethics aligned with the company’s mission.
- Adherence to the company policies and employee handbook.
- Perform general cleaning and janitorial duties in common areas of the facility.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms and break rooms.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum floors.
- Restock paper products throughout facility as necessary.
- Wash windows, clean, and dusts hard surfaces throughout the facility.
- May clear walkways or apply de-icer to walkways in winter.
- Maintains a neat and orderly supply closet, ensures maintenance and cleaning supplies are stocked.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance including minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Perform preventative maintenance for company equipment and parts in accordance with preventative maintenance schedule and as directed.
- Visually inspect facility as cleaning to identify and resolve issues before problems arise.
- Assist building maintenance to check electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems to ensure functionality.
- Coordinate with manager and accompany vendors when onsite.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place purchase orders when necessary.
- Become certified and proficient with operating forklift.
- Regular Attendance.
- Keep work area clean and safe from hazards. Advises of any safety hazards.
- Promotes, complies, actively participates, and enforces the importance of quality standards.
- Abides by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by Human Resources or its designated representative.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 years custodian or related field experience required
- 3 years general maintenance experience preferred
- Mechanical ability required
- Knowledge of using small power tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to read equipment operating and safety instructions.
- Troubleshooting repair skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic reading and mathematical skills
- High School or equivalent preferred
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, and guests
- Ability to resolve problems by gathering necessary information to make an effective resolution
- Patience in dealing with employee and interdepartmental issues
- Good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Special Work Conditions
This position requires the use of brooms, mops, and vacuum. Occasional use of small to medium power tools, working around machinery, and moving mechanical parts. The position requires pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, standing, walking, and reaching throughout the day every day. Will occasionally need to climb ladders and use safety equipment. Lifting 75 lb. 0-2 times per day depending on task. There is risk of electrical shock. Use of company approved chemicals is possible. This position requires the use of safety glasses, ear protection, closed toe shoes and gloves at times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Online Today
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and join the Percussionaire team.