Percussionaire Corporation, a world leader in medical ventilation devices is seeking an Assembly Technician for our Manufacturing Department.
The Assembly Technician works with the team to assemble subassemblies and finished goods utilizing workstations and line-assembly operations. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Last Updated: Oct. 2021
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Functions of the Positions
- Uses correct product specifications and assembly procedure/work instruction for each product.
- Reads and understands associated work instructions before starting each task.
- Assembles subassemblies and finished goods, using fixtures, hand or power tools.
- Receives parts for each job from Materials department.
- Prepares and maintains records of raw materials used, including lot verification, throughput and yields.
- Follows the master production schedule for the facility, while providing adjustments and communication for changes in customer requirements, delays in receiving raw materials, availability of production equipment, etc.
- Deburrs, grinds and buffs parts.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness, defects, and flaws. If flaws exist, notifies the area lead or manager.
- Uses chemicals, adhesives, solvents, lubricants, epoxies, paints and inks, as required.
- Receives first part check from Quality Control.
- Reviews work orders at end of production to confirm all elements are accounted for and all steps have been properly signed off and approved and performs a line clear.
- Performs other support services functions as needed including staging and labeling.
- Understanding that device defects may occur from improper performance of specific job function.
- Learn products and processes to appropriately support the customers and business.
- Responds to customer service and/or managers status requests.
- Regular Attendance.
- Keep work area clean and safe from hazards.
- Promotes, complies, actively participates and enforces the importance of quality standards.
- Adherence to the company policies and employee handbook.
- Ethics aligned with the company’s mission.
- Abides by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Manufacturing Manager or its designated representative.
Qualifications & Experience
- Mathematical skills needed to count products.
- Good eye to hand coordination.
- Good spatial relationship in order to view placement of parts.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a repetitive job.
- Ability to use hand tools such as pliers, screwdrivers, and wrenches.
- Basic reading and comprehension skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical capacity.
- Good teamwork skills to work with co-workers and other departments.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Detail oriented.
- Personal accountability
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
Special Work Conditions
This position involves repetitive motions throughout the day. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. This position regularly requires standing, sitting, walking, reaching and bending throughout the day depending on the units being assembled. Person may climb ladders. Regularly lifts and moves up to 40 pounds, frequently. This position is in a production area where there is machinery. The employee may be exposed to vibration and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. Protective, suits, masks, eye and ear wear are required for certain tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees must pass a drug test and background check. Tobacco users need not apply.
Apply Online Today
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and join the Percussionaire team.